There is no denying it, the holidays are here and are in full swing! How did that happen?!! Truth be told, I’m not quite ready to go all in on Christmas just yet….but I’m happily soaking up the last little bit of foliage, fall decor and all the Thanksgiving food coming this week! Cranberries, stuffing and pies, oh my! Pour me a glass of sparkling water (preferably Cascade Ice) and I’m a happy girl!
Along with the holidays come holiday treats and I have little to no self control. I mean…you can only get peppermint and pumpkin flavored things for a few weeks out of the year so you’ve got to take advantage of it while it lasts, am I right?! You only live once! But at the same time, I always want to look my best in a sparkly party dress come New Years, so I try to maintain balance and stay healthy during the holidays as best I can. I’m sharing five tips below that really help me keep myself in check.
5 Tips for Staying Healthy During the Holidays
1. Say No to Soda……and replace it with Cascade Ice sparking water! I have a terrible addiction to afternoon pick me ups, preferably in the form of a bubbly soft drink, and breaking that habit is KEY to keeping my calories in check throughout the holidays. If my afternoon (or evening) drink has zero calories, I can feel a bit better about indulging in a Christmas cookie. I love Cascade Ice sparkling water because it is super bubbly and refreshing while still tasting delicious! It has 18 different flavors to choose from and they are all calorie free, gluten free, sugar free and sodium free. Strawberry Lemonade, Strawberry Watermelon, Coconut and Cherry Limeade are some of my personal favs. Cascade Ice also makes a great mixer with a splash of somethin’ somethin’….just saying! With all the flavors to choose from, Cascade Ice makes some seriously good low-cal cocktails.
2. Stay Hydrated! It’s no secret that hydration is super important to overall health and wellness, but it is even more important during the winter and the holidays. I’m much less apt to be thirsty in the winter because I’m not hot and sweaty like I am in the summer and water just doesn’t “feel” as necessary….but it is! Water will help flush out toxins….like all the excess sugar and alcohol you consume at holiday parties or when putting up with crazy relatives. Cascade Ice sparkling water is a great way to liven up your water intake as it helps to keep you from getting bored with regular water.
3. Plan & Schedule Your Workouts in Advance. With all the parties, family gatherings, holiday errands, and chilly weather, it’s easy to skip a workout (or five). I try to book my workouts in advance at the beginning of each week…I put them on my calendar so that I’m less likely to change my mind at the last minute….mostly because I REFUSE to pay a no show fee haha. This works great for the Type A side of my brain and helps me make time to workout (and feel good about it).
4. Remember to Move! I have become a slave to closing the rings on my Apple Watch and I’ve noticed what a difference it makes. I try to workout 5-6 days a week but if I can’t make it to the gym, I always try to move enough to close my rings. Basically, 30 minutes of movement will do the trick, regardless of if that’s a brisk walk with my dogs, cleaning the house or a bike ride to meet friends at a patio bar. I know come Thanksgiving Day I will be taking a verrrry long walk after eating dinner! Anyone else?
5. Find Accountability… Because everything is better if you have a friend to do it with you! Over on Instagram I challenged my followers to do No Spend November with me. I tried to cut my spending in October and failed miserably but I’ve been doing so much better this month because I had people to cheer me on and keep me accountable…..and I couldn’t let them down. Sometimes just the act of saying “I am going to do this” out loud to someone makes all the difference. I’d love to be your accountability partner! Leave me a comment below and tell me how YOU plan to stay healthy this season…..I’ll be following the five tips I shared here! I hope they help to get you through a fun holiday season filled with little-no guilt.
By the way, if you haven’t tried Cascade Ice yet, I think it would make the perfect drink to sip on while cooking your turkey day dinner or the perfect sparkling cocktail to go with dessert! I’ll be serving the cranberry pomegranate flavor with a splash of gin and a sprig of rosemary, YUM! If you’re local to Oklahoma you can find it at Homeland stores and at Winco; if you’re not local, you can find out where to buy Cascade Ice here!
As we enter the week of Thanksgiving I’m feeling extra thankful for this community and for everything blogging has taught me and the friendships and experiences it has brought me! I want to say a HUGE thank you to my amazing followers – each and every one of you! I’d be no where without ya’ll and it truly means the world that you choose to follow me and read what I have to say, or that anyone cares what I think! I’m so very blessed by this platform. Stay tuned to my Instagram page as we get closer to Thanksgiving – I’ll be giving away some Cascade Ice goodies as as a sweet and simple way to say thank you….I know you will love Cascade Ice as much as I do!
Have an amazing Thanksgiving and a happy holiday season!
As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Shop The Post